District Home | Sitemap | Site Use Disclaimer | Translate
School Board Members
Kerry Fortune, Jimmy Stevens, Don Heller, Kelly Henrich, Keith Jones, EJ Hernandez
Trustees' Hours of Continuing Education
Date and Location of Next Trustee Election (Tex. Gov't Code § 2051.152(a)(3))
The date of the district's next election will be the first Saturday in May of each year.
Requirements and Deadline for Filing For Candidacy (Tex. Gov't Code § 2051.152(a}(4))
An application for a place on the ballot must be in writing; signed, sworn to by the candidate before a person authorized to administer an oath, and dated; timely filed with the district's filing authority; and contain specified information about the candidate:
• the candidate's name, date of birth, and occupation;
• the candidate's residence address or the address at which the candidate receives mail with a description of the location of the candidate's residence;
• the candidate's length of continuous residence in Texas and in the district (and single member district, if applicable) as of the date the candidate swears to the application;
• if available, a public mailing address and email address at which the candidate receives correspondence relating to the candidate's campaign;
• the office sought, including any place or other distinguishing number and an indication of whether the office sought is for a full or unexpired term;
• statements that the candidate is a U.S. citizen; has not been determined by a court to be mental incapacitated; has not been convicted of a felony; is aware of the nepotism law; and swears an oath to support and defend the U.S. and Texas Constitutions and laws.
• is a United States citizen;
• is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
• has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
• has not been convicted of a felony;
• has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
o for an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot;
o for a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in; or
o for an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
• is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above;and
• satisfies any of the eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.
• To be elected to a school board, an individual must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.061; Tex. Elec. Code§ 11.002
• A person is ineligible to serve on a school board if the person has been convicted of a felony or n offense under Texas Penal Code section 43.02(b) regarding prostitution. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.066.
The first day to file an application for a place on the ballot in a school district's general election is the 30th day before the filing deadline. The filing deadline for a general election is 5:00 PM on the 78th day before an election day. Tex. Educ. Code § 11.055(1); Tex. Elec. Code§ 144.005. The deadline to file a declaration of write-in candidacy is 5:00 PM on the 74th day before election.
Our mission is to provide a unique educational system to help students develop into life-long learners and responsible citizens who possess the education and self-esteem to compete successfully in a technologically advance and multi-culturally diverse society.
COPYRIGHT © 2015-2021 - ANSON INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT